Tuesday, October 10, 2006

i don't like grocery shopping on a weekend. I take a deep breath and I see these people pushing shopping carts from every direction while I stragetically try to squeeze myself in towards the fruit section without elbowing someone in the stomach. When i get to the fruit section, i kinda linger there for five minutes just to decide which apple I should be getting: fuji, washington, grannysmith or the cheapest tiny ones? I bagged four fujis (they're crunchy and smell really good). While my dad was busy eyeing the fish selections, I went ahead to get my pepperidge farm oatnut bread, and parked our cart in front of the poultry section. Ten minutes have passed and when i got back, the cart was gone. It was not in the exact location where I left it. I try not to panic (we almost got everything we needed!!!) I walked in the direction where my cart would possibly be heading to. I took the north route, and ten steps away I saw the cart in front of the kimchi section. How the cart got there, I have no clue. Someone must have thought it was their cart, but oh, there's a cup of panera bakery coffee in it, not theirs.
I think I spend a lot of time in the cereal section as well. I try to be healthy when it comes to cereals. But sometimes the healthiest cereals are the most crappy tasting ones (for me at least). In front of me is a wall full of colorful cereal boxes and I'm staring at them knowing I only have five bucks to spare for a box of crunchy shredded wheat or cheerios or a kashi. But it never hurts to walk out with a box of cocoa crisps either.
Sometimes, I'm not bothered at all waiting in long lines at the cash register. It gives me time to catch up with the Hollywood buzz. I just pick up the latest edition of People or Us Weekly and by the time i finish looking at the pictures it's time for me to pay up.
Grocery shopping, I think, is the most fun chore to do, but not on a weekend.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

"But sometimes the healthiest cereals are the most crappy tasting ones"

So true. Total raisin bran sucks and so does some of the Kashi varieties. They try to make the good cereals somewhat healthy by putting vitamins and minerals into them. Cinninmon Toast Crunch is the sh*t!