This morning: I was taking a shower (a very audible sound of running water from the shower head was all I can hear)…washing my hair… ladeeda, deeda, la dee, suddenly, I hear my grandma yell behind the bathroom door. I hear her high-pitched voice, but the words, I cannot seize.
Me: ANO PO?
Grandma: “tatating patidakatobi na ko”
Me (turning off the shower knob, soap all over my face): HA? I can’t hear you?
Grandma (a little louder this time): “nanyaya badi mo hana”
Me (yelling back): Di ko kyo maintindihan!!!
Grandma (voice getting desperate): “nain to lapanis”
Me: (already tasting the soap from the corners of my mouth, decided not to answer, and just resumed my shower).
Ten minutes later, I got out of the bathroom. She quickly ascend to the top of the staircase and casually said (with her normal tone this time), “Anak, kain na lang tayo sa Japanese restaurant bukas.”
She interrupted my very calming shower just to tell me that she wanted to eat at a Japanese restaurant tomorrow!!! I just could not fathom the whole concept of it. Knowing that there are obvious sound barriers (the door, the walls, the sound of running water, the pipes and all that matters), I mean, that urgent huh? It just couldn’t wait.
It’s just frustrating when someone tries to tell you something that you think is really important, and you just couldn’t comprehend what they’re saying, especially when you’re confined in a bathtub, soaked in water and err…naked. It’s a nuisance when I have to scream for the other person to understand what I’m saying. This isn't the first time she tried having bathroom conversations with me, and I don't think she'll ever stop doing it. Ever.
That’s how it is with Grandma sometimes. A short exchange of information can go a long way.
Monday, April 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hahahahaha so funny!! i was like... wait... tagalog ba iyon? palaging nangangyari yaan sa akin!
at least hindi siya biglang pumapasok!! :-P
Post a Comment