
I never realized how much junk I have until I cleaned my closet today. I think I’ve gotten rid 50% of every little piece of clothing I own. Call it ridiculous, but I have this habit of clinging to things for the longest time even if they go unused, or provide no benefit at all for my well being. I have shrunken shirts and jeans (well, they didn’t really shrink) that I’ll never even dare to wear, except if I want to ruin the rest of my day. I have stuffed toys (2 teddy bears and a dragon) that are too cute to be seen in a trash bin. My prom dress, yes, you heard that right, which I know will never see the light of day, is still kept in a white box at the very top shelf. The yellow gown (gasp) I wore 3 years ago as a bridesmaid is neatly folded away on top of the prom dress. I also found out that I have brand new shirts from last year that I’ve never even bothered to wear, and a pair of white sandals I forgot I still own. These are the reasons why I’m running out of closet space. When I saw the current state my closet was in, I summoned up the courage to get some treasured junk out for other useful stuff to get in. Three and a half hours later, my closet looked like a real closet, and not some cramped utility room. The next project? -- bookshelves and study table.
2 comments:
dude, i totally hear ya on that one! :-)
Same here; I always worry that if I throw something away I might regret it later on. After awhile, it just seems like a good idea to let go and move on. You wouldn't beieve some of the stuff I have in my room back home; it's like a museum of Ryan in there! ;)
Post a Comment